Khaja puri. Khajjaka, plain or sweet mentioned in Manasollasa, was a wheat flour preparation fried in ghee. Khaja is believed to have originated from the eastern parts of the former state of Oudh and the former United Provinces of Agra and Oudh. This area presently corresponds to eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh and Western districts of Bihar.
I like to make them for holidays like holi and Diwali. Puri is popular though out the country. Puri is generally eaten together with Sel-Roti or with Potato Curry (Aaloo ko tarkari) in Nepal. You accomplish boiling nuke Khaja puri proving 9 technique as a consequence 5 furthermore. Here you go bring about.
instructions of Khaja puri
- Prepare 2 cups of plain flour.
- It's 1/4 cup of ghee.
- It's Pinch of salt.
- It's of Ice cold water.
- Prepare of Custard powder.
- It's 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- Prepare of Icing sugar.
- You need of Oil for frying.
This is a sweet dish recipe, prepared from fewer ingredients, is essentially the layered fritters dunked in sugar syrup. Try this Khaja recipe on any of the upcoming special occasions to hear praises from family members and guests. Ganguram Sweets. serves the best quality kahaja in entire Puri. The sunflower oil Khaja steals the show , but there is also the ghee ones for people who prefer ghee sweets.
Khaja puri one at a time
- In a bowl add plain flour, salt, cardamom powder and rub the ghee until crumbly. Add ice cold water and make a stiff dough. Keep it refrigerated for half an hour..
- Remove from fridge and make about 24 lemon size balls. Roll about six balls to about 3 inch in diameter and spread ghee on each and sprinkle custard powder. Stack them up and roll in a thin round. Smear ghee on it and sprinkle custard powder. Roll it tight like a swiss roll. Cut about 3/4 of an inch and press lightly by using palm or roll it lightly with a rolling pin. Repeat for rest of the balls..
- Heat oil on medium heat and deep fry the khaja until golden brown. Sprinkle icing sugar as soon as you remove from oil. Let it cool and store in air tight container..
Ganguram Sweets. serves the best quality kahaja in entire Puri. The sunflower oil Khaja steals the show , but there is also the ghee ones for people who prefer ghee sweets. This drool-worthy delicacy is a must take-back when visiting Puri and is a favourite of locals as well as tourists - national and international. Now deep fry the KHAJA's till both the side turn golden, soak the extra oil in a paper towel. The syrup should be that thick like liquid gum.