Mum’s Old English Rice Pudding. Old fashioned rice pudding Oven baked rice pudding. Good old fashioned baked rice pudding. My first attempt was a bit runny because I didn't heat the rice and sugar in the milk long enough, so.
This is the real thing - a mass of creamy rice and a thick brown speckled nutmeg skin. Don't forget to take a sharp knife and scrape off all the bits of caramelised skin that stick to the edges - my grandmother always did that and gave everyone an equal amount. You can now watch how to make Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding in our Cookery An oldie but a goodie, this is one of the best and simplest of all puds. You operate simmering boil Mum’s Old English Rice Pudding employing 5 program than 4 together with. Here you go bring off.
instructions of Mum’s Old English Rice Pudding
- It's of Pudding Rice (or any short style grain rice).
- You need of White Sugar.
- It's of Full cream Milk.
- It's of Unsalted Butter.
- You need of Treacle or Strawberry Jam (to serve).
You just need to serve this rice pudding with a blob of jam for sheer comfort food heaven. The little bit of milk powder in. This easy Baked Rice Pudding recipe is the perfect creamy, comforting dessert on a cool night and it takes literally minutes to prepare. Place all the ingredients into an ovenproof dish, stir and place in the oven.
Mum’s Old English Rice Pudding singly
- Pour the rice into a cooking dish. Covering just the bottom..
- Add the Sugar so that it covers the Rice.
- Pour in the milk until just below the dish. Add 4 small slices of butter.
- Put the dish in to a fan assisted oven to a heat of 150.C. Stir after 15 minutes and continue to cook for a further 60 mins. Check often there after and remove when it has a skin that’s lightly browned. Serve with either treacle or jam... or maybe enjoy it alone..
It is not a dieter's friend but I have lightened it up from time to time.. The best cool weather dessert on the planet. In a large bowl, stir together rice, milk, eggs, sugar, raisins, vanilla extract and salt. Firstly, we need a pudding rice, or the Arborio rice you use for risottos. See great recipes for Mum's Old English Rice Pudding, Mums fried chicken too!