Creamy Spinach-Lentil Soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Blitz the soup until smooth, then stir through the cream and season. Keep the soup warm over a low heat.
Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle with a little cream and crumble over the crispy bacon. This creamy spinach lentil recipe is almost just too perfect for these last few chilly days of spring. Thick and satisfying with really mellow, warm, earthy flavors, plus drizzled with a bit of olive oil and a splash of red wine vinegar because Jamie Oliver says you'll like the twang (twang! haha. twang.) -> pretty sure these rustic creamy. You finish sizzling sauté Creamy Spinach-Lentil Soup practicing 11 modus operandi also 11 so. Here you go reach.
procedure of Creamy Spinach-Lentil Soup
- You need 3/4 cup of split yellow lentils.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- It's 1 of -inch piece of ginger (grated).
- You need 1 of large bunch of spinach (washed and chopped roughly, approximately 1/2 pound or 225 grams).
- Prepare 1 Tb of olive oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It's 1 of dry red chili (broken in half).
- It's 6 cloves of garlic (chopped very fine).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare Half of a lime (or lemon).
- It's 4 teaspoons of thick cream (whisked until smooth).
Excuse me, for a moment, while I get a little sobby deep down inside and wipe away nostalgic tears. Instant Pot Lentil Soup is the perfect thing to make in your electric pressure cooker - it really is super easy and with that intense cooking environment, the flavors are seriously amped up. If you received an Instant Pot from Santa, read on for the honest thoughts I was having about mine after I got my own a couple of years ago (along with a. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Creamy Spinach-Lentil Soup receipt
- Wash the lentils thoroughly under running water. Soak them in enough warm water to cover it for 20 minutes..
- Put the lentils into a deep pan and add water -- the level should be two finger digits over the top of the lentils. Boil the mixture over medium heat..
- Add the turmeric powder and ginger and stir. Cook until the lentils is soft enough to mash. Add more hot water as you cook, if required, to keep the consistency similar to that of a thick soup..
- When the lentils is cooked, add the spinach, season with salt to taste, stir and reduce the heat to low..
- In another small pan, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. Fry the ghee and seeds until they stop sizzling, and then add the dry red chili, chopped garlic, and asafoetida.
- Fry the mixture until the garlic turns pale golden in color. Carefully add this spice mixture to the cooked, simmering lentils. (It will sizzle and might splash so be careful.).
- Take off heat and allow to cool a bit.
- Blend the contents using a food processor to thoroughly blend the mixture until it has a smooth soup-like consistency..
- Spoon the soup into large soup bowls. Garnish with a squeeze of lemon and a teaspoon of cream and serve the soup with breadsticks/crusty breads..
- Tip: the spices add a nice flavour to this rich and creamy soup. But you can certainly avoid it if not comfortable.
- Tip: use any type/a combination of lentils of your choice for his recipe. They just increase the consistency and nutrition value of the soup.
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add the water, salsa, lentils and salt. In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Stir the spinach into the soup. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve immediately.