Orange Rasam - Soup.
You arrange simmering blanch Orange Rasam - Soup employing 20 method so 8 steps. Here you are effect.
process of Orange Rasam - Soup
- You need 2 tablespoons of Thur dal.
- It's 1 of Tomato roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Orange.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 of Orange Juice from orange.
- It's 1/2 of Lemon Juice from lemon.
- Prepare Pinch of Hing a generous.
- You need Some of Chopped Coriander Leaves For garnishing.
- Prepare For of grinding:.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Thoor dal.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Coriander Seeds.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 of Red Chilli.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Ghee.
- Prepare For of Seasoning:.
- It's 1 tablespoon of Ghee.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare Few of Curry Leaves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper-Cumin Powder.
Orange Rasam - Soup step by step
- Take thoor dal in a vessel. Add water and pressure cook till the dal is mushy. Mash it nicely and set it aside Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee and add all the grinding ingredients and roast till the dal turns golden brown. Take this aside and allow it to cool.
- Take these ingredients in a mixer jar and grind it to a smooth powder. The fresh rasam powder is ready..
- Take an orange and grate the zest and set it aside.
- Heat a sauce pan, add tomato, orange zest, curry leaves, salt, hing, ground rasam powder. Add 2 cups of water and allow the rasam to boil till the tomatoes are nicely cooked.
- Then add the mashed dal and stir well. Add 2 cups of water and adjust the consistency..
- When a forthy layers starts to form on the top of the rasam, switch off the flame. Do not allow the rasam to boil. Heat ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds and allow to sputter. Add pepper-cumin powder along with curry leaves and saute for few seconds. Remove from flame and add the seasoning to the rasam.
- Allow the rasam to warm and then add orange and lemon juice. Finally garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the delicious Orange rasam as a soup or serve with rice along with a teaspoon of ghee and enjoy the dish!.