Chettinad Mushroom Masala. This is a very rich and creamy mushroom masala. The addition of the coconut and cashew paste makes this dish very unctuous. Spicy mushroom masala made in chettinad style.
Mushroom Masala Recipe - An easy and tasty gravy that goes well with both rice and rotis. I love such gravies to go with rotis or soft phulkas. Chettinad gravies are about the freshly roast and grind. You act heating fix Chettinad Mushroom Masala using 22 instructions than 4 steps. Here is how you cook.
process of Chettinad Mushroom Masala
- It's 8-10 of Button Mushrooms.
- You need 1 of bid Onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of big Tomato finely chopped.
- It's 2 of slit green chillies.
- You need 2 tbsp of Yoghurt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Coconut.
- You need 1 of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 of cloves.
- It's 1 tsp of Black Peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It's 1 tsp of Fennel.
- Prepare 2 of petals Star Anis.
- You need 1 inch of Ginger Piece.
- It's 4-5 of Garlic Cloves.
- You need 5-6 of Cashews.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala Powder.
- You need Leaves of Coriander.
- You need 1 tbsp of OIL.
- It's 1 tsp of Butter.
White button mushrooms sauteed in spicy chettinad curry. Chettinad Masala powders have special ingredients which gives the unique taste to the dish. Chettinad Mushroom Masala is a spicy dish from Chettinad cuisine, perfect for mushroom lovers. Learn how to make/prepare Chettinad Mushroom Masala by following this easy recipe.
Chettinad Mushroom Masala instructions
- Wash the Mushrooms, pat them dry and finely slice them. Heat a tsp of butter in a pan and saute the mushrooms on a high flame until the water released by them gets evaporated. Once done keep aside on a plate..
- In the same pan add the wholespices,coconut,ginger garlic,cashews and saute them until the coconut get little brown. Add chilli powder, coriander powder,garam masala powder and saute for a second and switch off the flame. Add water and grind into a paste..
- In the same pan add a tbsp of oil and add finely chopped onions and slit green chillies. Saute until translucent. Now add finely chopped tomatoes,turmeric,salt and saute until the tomatoes get mushy..
- 4. Now add the masala paste and fry for a minute. Add the mushrooms,a quick mix and add 1/2 cup of water. Close with a lid and allow it boil for 6-7 minutes. Open and add smooth yoghurt and mix everything well. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame. Serve hot with Roti and Steamed Rice 😋.
Chettinad mushroom masala recipe - How to make Chettinad mushroom masala. Clean the mushroom with a damp paper towel, cut them into thin pieces and keep aside. Chettinad Mushroom - Authentic chettinad style mushroom masala recipe made with button mushrooms and freshly ground fragrant chettinad masala. Cook for five to seven minutes or till the oil separates. Add the mushrooms, peppercorns and sauté for five to six minutes.